Movement system update + Preliminary patch notes
We would like to give you an update on how things go on with our future plans, updates and things we outlined in our roadmap.
As you might know, we have already introduced the first part of our movement system update, and are currently waiting for the second part to pass all the necessary tests to roll it out live.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to deliver the second part in August, and we are currently aiming for the second week of September. We are also currently considering giving you extra time to play Season 1 - more information is to follow soon!
As for the next update, we have prepared quite a large number of technical fixes ready to be delivered tomorrow, including important freeze mitigations, as well as a wide range of bug fixes.
Preliminary patch notes
Here are the preliminary patch notes of the update that will be installed tomorrow, on August, 27th.
- Added Daily Quests;
- Mitigated game freezes upon side change, in the beginning and the end of the round, as well as upon changing the weapon;
- Fixed incorrect statistics with a large number of kills;
- Fixed wrong HUD elements displayed after giving the bomb to teammates;
- Fixed the inventory display of items that were equipped in reward screen;
- Fixed the display of future progression levels;
- Fixed the situation when the planted bomb got stuck inside the object on “Storage”;
- Fixed the incorrect display of statistics window upon reconnection or side change;
- Fixed the crash occurring when the only remaining teammate that a player spectates leaves the match;
- Fixed the display of bundles in the platform store. Now the description is displayed to the right of the image;
- Fixed the sounds of interactions with some surfaces;
- Fixed some problems with character skin display.
- Reworked all single standing crates and climbing places;
- Reworked grenade ricochet parameters (it is more predictable now);
- Grenades are now dropped from dead players and can be picked.
- Minimap now displays ground height difference;
- Added a Win/Loss message after surrender vote;
- You can now browse your general and seasonal progress separately after the match.
As you can see, the main focus of our update is to keep improving the technical side of the game, so we mostly include technical polishing and bug fixes in our deliveries.
Thank you for your support!
Warface: Breakout Team